Snot pot and Firefox pusher

• Members
  • 6,935 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:interesting things

other interesting things

etc

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:27 AM

Don't worry Sunshine, getting the calendar back up is on the priority list once Sheila has returned from gallivanting around Maine buying up vacuum cleaners.... :??

Buying up vacuum cleaners? What the....

#22 Tantalus

Tantalus

Snot pot and Firefox pusher

• Members
  • 6,935 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:interesting things

other interesting things

etc

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:03 AM

Ohhh, I just tried the delicate skin, I like it!

#23 Hangingon

Hangingon

Resident nerd & geeky person

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:13 AM

Don't worry Sunshine, getting the calendar back up is on the priority list once Sheila has returned from gallivanting around Maine buying up vacuum cleaners.... :??

Buying up vacuum cleaners? What the....

LOL, yes, I did go to Maine and I did buy a new vacuum cleaner. :P It was about $40 cheaper there and we went specifically to shop! Got this one My vacuum

#24 Hangingon

Hangingon

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

Ohhh, I just tried the delicate skin, I like it!

I like it better now... Fisana enlarged it, so I reinstalled it. I also threw up a quick logo for it.

#25 ashley

ashley
  • Members
  • 368 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2009 - 05:38 AM

I fell over in shock just now, thinking I had stumbled on the wrong page. Whoops!

#26 black star

black star
  • Members
  • 172 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:00 AM

Wow!! I should really visit this place more often than I do. Nice work, Shelia and Jillie. <3

#27 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:28 PM

Well,

Shocking for even me to log into this new upgrade! Welcome to version 3 of our forum. For the moment, we have minimal skins and modifications until I can add some back in!

Post up any questions you may have in the testing/how do I folder and we will answer them up!

Love

Sheila, Jillie and Bee

To three wondeful gals,

Thanks so much for all you have done for all of us.

love ya

Uncle Ed the chow hound

#28 rain

rain
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 August 2009 - 04:42 AM

Looks horrifying. Glad I do't use this forum a lot. IP Boards are rather nasty and horrible to skin well.

#29 Antea

Antea
  • Members
  • 1,601 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Living in a fantasy world of my own creation. Books, books and more books. Cat whisperer.

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:48 AM

Hey Sheila,

Could I put in a plaintive plea?

Is there another color besides "grey?"

It's a little too close to home for me right now.

Feeling pathetic,

me

#30 rain

rain
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:16 PM

Suggesting the Gli skin... know it's not free but its not bright not dull and has color choices.

#31 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:This is it!

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:11 AM

Hi Antea! :D

lol, it sounds like both blue and grey are out of the question for you atm then!

If you look at the skin choice (bottom left of page) you will see we also have 'delicate', which is a green skin, maybe try that?

Rain, I don't know how familiar you are with IPB boards, but this is the situation - skins are designed and sold for certain versions of the board. For example, until recently we were runnning version 2 of IPB. Every so often we would upgrade, to 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 etc, as improvements were brought in by the board designers. Every time we went through such an upgrade the skins we had bought for the board would need some tweaking, but basically could be made to work in any version 2 upgrade.

Last month we upgraded to the latest version of IPB - version 3. Version 2 was originally designed in about 2005, so there comes a point when rather than keep modifying the board the designers start with a clean slate and redesign the board entirely. This means that all our old purchased skins do not work nor can they be made to work with this latest version. We will have to begin again with building up our collection of skins.

Since version 3 was only released in July it means that all the 'skinners' could only start designing new skins for purchase at this point. As it stands atm there are very few skins available for this version - many are, I am sure, in development, but this will take time. Since skins cost money we don't want to grab the first designs that appear, either, we want to have a good choice and choose what we think our members would like.... it is, after all, not our money we are spending! As far as I know, the Gli skin you suggest is not yet available for version 3.

I know the board was all cosy and familiar in its last version 2 form, with lots of nice skins and we all knew how it worked....BUT not upgrading IPB boards and running on an old version carries security risks. I have visited boards that are run on old IPB versions that have been 'hacked' or are flooded in spam, and on balance Ithink it is worth the inconvenience of making the jump to the latest version!

Personally I am crossing my fingers that there will be some Christmas skins for version 3 out in time, because I am a sucker for them!

love Jillie

#32 Hangingon

Hangingon

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:48 PM

New skin, "Comfy" added. Brownish coloured theme, very nice. Same skin authour, Fisana.

Added a "Midnight glow" skin as well.

Jillie is right, very few skin choices available for version 3 and I am working to grab some good ones when I can that are free.

IPB 3 so far is proving much easier to modify and skin, so I am very pleased with that!

So Antea my dear, so far we have dull dreary grey, blue, green and now brown and a black with green "glowing". Hoping for more quality coloured skins to come!

#33 Antea

Antea
  • Members
  • 1,601 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Living in a fantasy world of my own creation. Books, books and more books. Cat whisperer.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:12 AM

New skin, "Comfy" added. Brownish coloured theme, very nice. Same skin authour, Fisana.

Added a "Midnight glow" skin as well.

Jillie is right, very few skin choices available for version 3 and I am working to grab some good ones when I can that are free.

IPB 3 so far is proving much easier to modify and skin, so I am very pleased with that!

So Antea my dear, so far we have dull dreary grey, blue, green and now brown and a black with green "glowing". Hoping for more quality coloured skins to come!

Thanks Sheila, I'll take a look and see if there is something a little more "uplifting" for my spirit. Hey, at this point, even "brown" would be a huge improvement!

me

#34 paul

paul
  • Members
  • 2,608 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:IM into Astronomy, photography and Ancient Egypt

Posted 26 August 2009 - 12:12 PM

It took a bit of getting used to, but now I like it a lot. :D

Paul.

#35 Hangingon

Hangingon

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:39 PM

Took me a while to get used to it too Paul!

Red skin added.

#36 winter

winter
  • Members
  • 1,216 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:i like people to send me money.
    I know this will never happen
    but i figured it was worth a try

Posted 04 September 2009 - 05:25 PM

thats it, confuse the confussed. lol

#37 Hangingon

Hangingon

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:02 PM

LOL, Sorry!