• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ashley

ashley
  • Members
  • 368 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:44 AM

So almost 2 weeks ago, my doctor added Remeron to my cocktail (Remeron, Effexor, Ambien, Tegretol, Klonopin), and laughingly said "the book says they call it "California Rocket Fuel! I guess we'll be having our next appointment on the moon Ashley, if this doesn't boost you, I don't know what will!!!" Of course, I took offense to her saying that, then upon taking it I have a sense of fear, because of my bipolar, what is this going to do to my head?? I mean, I'm having trouble because I can't really afford the mood stabilisers except Tegretol, because it's dirt cheap, and I've been having trouble already with hypomanic episodes....

So I came home and looked it up on the internet, and this was all I could find:

Essential Pharmacology of Depression and Bipolar Disorder by Stephen Stahl of the University of California at San Diego describes "California rocket fuel," a combo of Remeron and Effexor which can give a triple boost to the serotonin system, a double boost to the norephinephrine system, and a single boost to the dopamine system.
Courtesy of http://www.mcmanweb.com/stard.html

I was wondering if anyone else had ever been on this combination of medication, and what their experience had been with starting or discontinuing it, any input would be fantastic :)