• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lunasea58

lunasea58
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Kids, gardening, reading, walking

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:35 PM

Recently been put on new meds after several years on effexor. Still taking some effexor to ward off withdrawal symptoms but should be weaned off in about another 3 weeks. Psychiatrist said with my family history and mood swings (although not manic) he wanted to take a new approach. Currently taking Lamictal, Lithium and Klonopin and it seems to be helping. Instead of everyday being a bad day. I am having 2 or 3 bad days per week. And there are times that I am even enjoying myself. My first response to almost anything somewhat negative is to cry and be overwhelmed but I am recovering from that quicker than I was. I am also taking Neurontin for restless leg syndrome at night.
What I really hate is the number of meds I'm on. I also take several meds for a heart arrhythmia and high cholesteral. Altogether the list is outrageous. I'm embarressed when I go to other doctors and start listing them off. But, I guess it's better to have them than not. I don't know if I would still be here without some of these meds throughout the years. Whatever works - huh?

Luna

#2 delicateshadow

delicateshadow
  • Members
  • 615 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing poetry, art, recovery

Posted 30 July 2006 - 12:18 PM

all the best for coming off efexor. I hope the new combo works well for you.

#3 Jenna

Jenna
  • Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:03 AM

thats great luna, sounds like things are getting a bit better :)

#4 Samantha

Samantha
  • Members
  • 5,132 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:55 AM

(((Lunasea)))

I hope you continue to see an improvement in your moods. Effexor was a long hard road for me to come off of. Best wishes.

Love,

Sam