Zolpidem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 IloveSpain

IloveSpain
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:26 PM

In addition to the Cybalta, the doctor gave me some Zolpidem sleeping tablets as coming off the Mirtazapine I may have trouble sleeping.

I dont like taking sleeping tablets but if I cant sleep I will reach for them rather than tossing and turning.

Anyone know of these? are they addictive? I know new sleeping tablets are not as addictive as the old Benzodiazeines that used to be given as sleeping tablets.

#2 marga

marga
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Music & singing, reading, creative writing, poetry, mental health issues, foreign languages, my pets.

Posted 26 July 2006 - 07:56 PM

I've used these in the past, and didn't find them at all addictive. I wasn't taking them every night - probably about one night in three. They're my favourite sleeping pill to date. Kicked in really quickly (I was asleep within 30 mins of taking them), didn't leave me groggy in the morning, and no side effects. I hope it's the same for you!

#3 IloveSpain

IloveSpain
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:03 AM

So far this seems to be of little use. 10mg does help me drift off to sleep but I wake up within a couple of hours.

#4 MarriaJ

MarriaJ
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Knitting, crocheting, reading, philosophy, mathematics, learning styles, politics, movies, fishing, being outside

Posted 03 November 2006 - 03:14 PM

I was having the same issue but my doc gave me the extended release (Ambien CR) and it seems to work much better. I sleep 7 hours or so with that. Maybe you could try that?

EDIT: I wanted to add that I have never had any addiction issues with this med either. I usually take it five nights a week and take a break on the weekends. Although I don't sleep as well, I don't have any other problems from not taking it...

Edited by MarriaJ, 03 November 2006 - 03:15 PM.

#5 BitterGeek

BitterGeek
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:29 PM

Zolpidem made my depression worse. I'm talking borderline suicidal. I'm looking for an alternative to zolpidem.