Nasal Spray?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 niisamarie

niisamarie
  • Inactive
  • 231 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 05:19 PM

I have had the worse cold ever. Sinus's are full, chest congestion(cough really bad..uugh) and headaches(as youall know--I have had a headache for a month. On top of the stinking cyst..... :x

I could not handle the sinus pain and the constant drainage down the back of my throat(? or however it drains) I took a shot of nasal spray in each nostril~~~HOLY SH!T!!! Now I am coughing worse, my sinus's feel like they are on FIRE.

I am so looking forward to the kids leaving tonight, so I can take a dose of Nyquil and go to bed. (no OD I promise)

Anyone know anything about nasal spray???

#2 delicateshadow

delicateshadow
  • Members
  • 615 posts
  • Interests:reading, writing poetry, art, recovery

Posted 13 May 2006 - 05:23 PM

:?:

I used to have to use Otrivine Nasal drops every single night when I was a child. :(

Never used spray though....

#3 Tallulah

Tallulah
  • Members
  • 2,986 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 13 May 2006 - 06:56 PM

You might be allergic to it. It sounds like it's caused a lot of irritation.

#4 JennyLou

JennyLou

Short-Bus Driver

• Members
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 07:34 PM

I use nasal spray often to help with my allergies and when I first use it I get that initial shock too.

Hopefully it'll calm down and you'll get some relief though. I found that if I follow the directions, I wind up taking it too often and my sinuses become very tender and raw. So, if you do find it helps, you may want to not use it again until you absolutely need more.

Good luck,

~Jenny

#5 rubenoid

rubenoid
  • Members
  • 3,291 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:00 PM

I take four puffs of Flonase in each nostril EVERY DAY.
I hate it, and I don't feel like it is doing any good.
Burning might be normal - I have that sensation every now and then if my nose is irritated.

#6 niisamarie

niisamarie
  • Inactive
  • 231 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:45 PM

I hate the damned stuff~~~but my nose is clearer now. I am 90% over this wretched cold.

THe burning is still there, but I only take the nasal spray once a day....

#7 Lookin fer Light

Lookin fer Light
  • Members
  • 449 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:motorcycles,computers and the sound barrier

Posted 16 May 2006 - 02:12 AM

I have had to use nasal sprays since I was 13 and have tried them all.some are more aggressive and irritating to the sinuses and nasal linings than others.due to my allergies unfortunatly I have to use one of the more irritating of them 4 way but have always justified them becuase they clear me out .be careful not to use them too often ,they will have the opposite effect than that is desired if used too much(i.e:total blockage)have found in my case that OTC meds also are to no avail with the exception of Alka-seltzer plus cold (effervesant or gel caps)this will knock congestion on its ass (for me)buy takes significantly longer to take effect ,15 mins to a half hour depending on if you ate first.it also handles fever and has asprin fer your headache.be careful with any of them if you have high blood pressure.be safe and hope you find something that works...... P.S. nasal sprays concentrate on shrinking nasal linings and freeing congestion,not so much for drainage.Alka-seltzer+ relieves both,but the most I can say fer them is ..it works for me
get well soon,
Dan :D