Depakote

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 snwgrl77

snwgrl77
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 03:49 AM

Has anyone taken or know anything about Depakote? I'm now taking it along with my Abilify and my Lorazapen for my Bipolar...

#2 Kaktus

Kaktus
  • Members
  • 4,793 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2005 - 10:40 AM

I took it for a short while. It didn't help me and it made me really fat really fast. I sure hope it works for you.

#3 Bacchus

Bacchus
  • Members
  • 2,395 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 November 2005 - 01:21 PM

I've taken 1000mg of Depakote for four years or so. I'd always resisted the diagnosis of bipolar, but it did make a difference when I convinced the psychiatrist to try dropping the dose down to 500mg--it did make a difference. I also been taking Lamictal for over a year because the Depakote didn't seem to be working well enough. I don't know if it's made a lot of difference because a lot of new things have been going on, and my feelings of despair don't seem to change.

Good luck on it, and it can lead to weight gain,
Bacchus

#4 rubenoid

rubenoid
  • Members
  • 3,291 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 03:04 PM

I also gained weight on Depakote, but the good thing is that it helped me to sleep very soundly.

#5 themroosters

themroosters
  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:I like to work with wood and use to tinker in electronics until<br />everything got so darn small!<br />Now I help people,first I worked with the elderly for a number<br />of years; now I work with mentally challenged people.<br />I also enjoy photograghy and working with old pictures

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:22 AM

I'm on 1500 mg. of dep. a night. I sleep ok with the help of 100 mg. of trazadone. The dep. seems to help me, I work steady but am always tired.