15 replies to this topic

#1 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Members
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:59 PM

Attention: Summer is here, most want to enjoy the outside, and there are more things to do outside if you have a winter. So......I propose we add to the general list I did some time ago. Any takers...I will start.

----get some easy food together (cheese, bread, fruit, whatever you have) and a blanket or other ground covering, put all of this in your back yard, front yard, at a park away from others, take your pet too and anyone else who wants to go. You could read a book, draw, just look around at all natures beauty.

-----plan a cook out with others or yourself, I guess this would be best on the weekend and get there early to get a cooker. Something simple: hot dogs, brautwurt, hamburger, cucumbers, nuts, fruit, pick up a desert, what ever works for you.

----Please look at the clouds....so relaxing; breath deeply in and out; feel yourself grounded on the earth; if you could float on the vaporous clouds what part of the world or state would you like to see from there?

----Read a well written book in any category - one that interests you and takes you into what is going on, the characters are real. Take a chair, hat, umbrella, lounge chair, drink, snack, water, sunscreen or garlic and find a place in your yard, by a lake or the sea, in a park, in your living room, anywhere you want. Read the engrossing book. If you are unable to concentrate to read...get some of those mag. with lots of pictures and rumors : People, Star, others to distract you and let your mind rest and your body too.

----wash your dog

----use clay flower pots and draw on them with water colors or a sponge or what ever...can put a clear something over right? Or use a more resistant paint.

----draw on rocks....make them look like animals, a leaf,
art however you see it, clouds, whatever you like. Take care in picking the rock - what does the shape bring to mind.

----take paper and any drawing instruments and draw how you feel right now.....be abstract....this is your representation, no one else will see or could be a picture or a series....whatever you want.

----take a walk in the sunshine and smell all the flowers you see, even in yards....just smile and compliment them, and you could feel the texture of leaves.

----if it rains and you like to go out in it go dance in it and run around - watch for cars.

----go to an outside zoo if you have one and linger.

----go to an aurboretum (sp?) and enjoy all the plants and flower.

----put on some music that lifts you up or keeps you up when you feel good: rearrange the furniture or some of it in an odd manner.

----take some pictures of people and things thinking like a professional photographer

----put a lawn chair on your portch, front yard so you can view things passing by --- an entertainment of my grandpa and criticize everything (like my grandpa....sons a bitches) or say nice things or say nothing at all.

----if you have a yard go lay on the grass and read, or put down a covering and take a beverage and sun cream and lounge around reading your book or doing a craft like knitting....

----get a kite, basic one, and go to a park where there are kids and ask them to help you....they think they know everything.

----skip rocks on the water

----play your favorite music that gets you moving and dance and sing in the house or outside, back yard (put player in window), front yard, okay okay I will turn it down.....do this in the day or night.

Okay...you folks do some. Hopefully out different locations and cultures with bring out some things unfamiliar to us.

Edited by sunshineinmyface, 15 June 2007 - 05:46 PM.

#2 KindredSpirit

KindredSpirit
  • Members
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:56 PM

I'm in! I actually DID look up at the sky/clouds yesterday, the sky was such a beautiful blue here. In fact, I almost took a picture of the sky it was so breathtaking and amazing.

I have also been watering my garden, cleaning out the birdbath and refilling it every evening which is relaxing to me. Sometimes it's the small simple things that bring us joy and peace.

What a nice post Sunshine, thank you!

Love,

Deb

#3 Kaktus

Kaktus
  • Members
  • 4,793 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 June 2007 - 02:12 AM

Find shade. Find water. Try not to die.

#4 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Members
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:22 PM

Yes Deb, I too am a cloud fan.....I thought of taking pictures or trying to draw them, but then I couldn't continue to look at it and no picture or photo I have ever taken does the sky justice. Same for clouds changing colors at sunset.

Please add more ideas of things to do....may inspire some of us to step out and relax.

#5 Rae

Rae
  • Inactive
  • 357 posts
  • Interests:Singing opera, writing poetry, dancing barefoot in the rain....

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:49 PM

Sit on a swingset and write poetry

Dance barefoot in the rain and SING loudly

wear a flower in your hair

do a random act of kindness

Go strawberry picking

Teach a child how to fly a kite

Bite off the tip of the ice cream cone first and make a mess when you eat!

Take pictures of flowers

Have a water fight

Wake up every morning and say hello to the world.

#6 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Members
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:19 AM

Those are lovely additions to the list ((((( Rae ))))). Perhaps we could put Katus in a pool or have a water fight? Sound fun?

What are other people's ideas of fun, crazy, silly summer stuff to do?

#7 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Members
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:19 AM

Okay:

Fill ballons with water and throw at people who will not hurt you.

Blow bubbles (I actually bought some :cunning: )

After being in the sun for a while....spray yourself with coool water

I will hang my head out the window like my dog (when I am a passenger I think )

Take as many cool showers/baths as you care to and put powder on afterwards.

Hang with the dog in front of the fan.

Put some ice in a baggie inside a towel and wrap it around the back of your neck.

Roll up your pants (or whatever) and wade into a fountain.

#8 KindredSpirit

KindredSpirit
  • Members
  • 6,522 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:50 PM

Attend free street fairs, parades, or concerts/Shakespeare plays in the park. Check your community calendar, you'll be surprised how much of that is going on!

Sit in a kiddie pool, sipping your favorite cold beverage when it's hot outside.

Go to a kid's little league game.

Apply a bit of baby oil to your freshly shaven legs immediately after getting out of the bath/shower, then dry your legs as usual.

Buy yourself that new novel you've been wanting!

#9 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Members
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2007 - 05:44 PM

Great list....I will however decline you excellent suggestion of buying your favorite novel, respectfully. (I am a book addict and cannot be trusted in book stores) instead I will go to one of my favorite places....Public Library (Thank you founding fathers for this essential part of civilization) and reading out side is really fun.

Put your lounge chair in water (lake, pool, etc) up to the level you want and sit in cool comfort

Pick out a new inexpensive Sun Hat or two

float on the water anyway you want ( I even like to use sea salt in a big tub and float) raft, or fill up those lungs and let them keep you a float

make sand structures (castles, animals, etc) Check this out:

[attachment=148:1_sand_s...mas_2006.jpg]

(this is one of the Christmas season piccies I saved from last year this is in California)

People watch at populated locations: a park, a town square, a parade, etc. - you could ponder their thoughts or where they are going or their mood...whatever

Take out a sketch book and sketch what you see outside...I like lots of colors regardless of talent or result....

Stand in a meadow (if you can find one) and roll in the grass (look for poison plants)....run through it and pick wildflowers...(I love to do this and people think I am nuts....except now I have my dog as a supporter)

Get out of town and drive to a town you have never been to....for a day trip.

I love to get out (farther and farther all the time) and interact with farm animals....cows, sheep, horses (not pigs), buffalo, whatever their is without claws.

Take your dog to an off lease park if there is one or take dog to meadow or along a lake or river and both of you run and play.

Bands in the park or outside????

#10 winter

winter
  • Members
  • 1,216 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:i like people to send me money.
    I know this will never happen
    but i figured it was worth a try

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:33 PM

i do this on most days.

start a water fight

go for a paddle, (or if you dont live near a river, stand in the bath)

wash in the dew in the morning

lie down in the rain

make a daisy chain

make a sand castle

collect hag stones (pebbles with holes) and paint them.

wittle a stick or a staff (i make wands)

collect feathers, stone and leaves and make a picture

paint your moods (it really helps for anger and mood swings)

buy yourself flowers

bird watch

look for insects in your garden

walk barefoot everywhere

lie and watch stars at night.

chase a thunderstorm

blow dandelion clocks

sing off key really loudly

if you can, go to the seaside on a very windy day.

#11 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Members
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2007 - 04:03 AM

Those are WONDERFUL winter......I am printing this thread out and going down the list...

run through all the sprinklers on the block - yard to yard

eat big watermelon slices out front and spit the seeds as far as you can

drive car with all windows down playing favorite music.....I like James Brown or Muddy Waters at the moment...LOUD to drown out those sub bass things shaking the cars....And sing along as loud as you want...

take faithful dog and/or good friend to outside art sale of some kind, bring H2O, walk with shoes off and get all dirty..

sit in a sidewalk "café" or chairs crowding the side walk and feed your dog a "people food" I like to feed Heidi a Starbuck or whatever crushed ice coffee latte....she loves the sweet and cold....people laugh..."What ? What ?"

Play with the neighbor kids, your kids, or alone...they will come...jacks, marbles, jump rope, hop scotch, chalk drawings, bubbles - with dog chasing of course.....

go outside just after it rains - deeply breath in those negative Ions....GET HAPPY on Mother Nature FOR REAL (it has been tested a lot....post it later)

This is a GREAT LIST ((((((FOLKS))))) thanks for joining my mahem....more ideas?????? Gotta' be.

Edited by sunshineinmyface, 16 June 2007 - 04:16 AM.

#12 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Members
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:43 AM

Hey I printed this out and am going down the list. This is so much fun that can be savored or worked in.

Add your own thoughts on activities.

#13 verysadcat

verysadcat
  • Members
  • 4,181 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:none. I hate everything.

Posted 21 June 2007 - 11:19 PM

Find shade. Find water. Try not to die.

amen to that, K!!!

it is currently over 100 outside and approximately 95 inside my home! :angry: of course the freaking cooler has died AGAIN! I go through this every single damn year it seems.

Sunshine, your ideas sound lovely, however none of them apply to us desert-dwelling folks stuck in the small town.

a lawn! :lol: my yard is rocks!

:)
Di

#14 kewy13

kewy13
  • Members
  • 3,119 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:used to be hiking, packing, skiing, anything outdoors. am woking back toward that as i get healthier.

i attend buddhist meditation at a temple nearby.

yoga, bicycling, kayaking, camping, exfoliating, making jewelry, being outdoors.

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:52 AM

sunshine, you are full of great ideas!

:tumble:

(di & k)

put ice cubes in a bowl and place it in front of a fan. stand naked in front of the fan.

pitch a shade umbrella or find a tree, fill a kiddie pool with ice, and lay on a towel on the ice.

(anyone!)

go to the mountains on a hot day and sunbathe on a snow bank. be sure not to burn, its easy!

glissade on a glacier or snow bank.

go hiking or for a walk, hug a tree with all your heart.

watch a spider spin its web.

look in a mirror and say "i love you" over and over!

sing in your car when people are watching (said already i know, but its a good one!)

pick fresh rose petals (remove bugs) and let them steep in hot, shallow water in your tub. when the oils have

seeped from them, fill the tub with hot water, and soak.

go out of your way to tell someone something you like about them.

smile and say hello to a stranger.

buy some beads and elastic thread. make a bracelet for you or someone you love.

:wink:

kewy

#15 Kaktus

Kaktus
  • Members
  • 4,793 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 June 2007 - 03:56 AM

Di...you wanna stand naked together? I have a kiddie pool. :ai:

#16 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Members
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 June 2007 - 05:50 AM

Sure I am up for it if others are in perhaps the thought of that would increase my mot, to exercise more !!!!!!!!

((((Kewy)))) great ideas...very much worth considering and doing them. If I go down the list i bet i will have no time to or room for the beast talking bull shit as Uncle Ed says'

Hugs,
Sunshine