7 replies to this topic

#1 fiona

fiona
  • Members
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:world music, poetry, all creative arts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:01 AM

Everyone is upset with me.  Sorry I am mentally ill.  Family just has to deal with it.

Brother is furious, niece is still curious, cousin and I have developed a new sign language (she is a deaf interpreter).  I'll never learn sign, but if she can understand my sign life might be okay.  We worked on several good ones.  Banana and how to count up to three.  I was actually close in my guess at what kind of sign banana would be, but I started it with a shape and instead in real sign language you go straight for the peeling of it.  My one, two, three is way more expressive and uses bigger movements than hers.  She was just using the fingers and thumbs cleverly, I had to use arm movements.  Was I angry, or did I need to stretch and use my body more?  Not sure.

Anyone want to comfort me with any good family reconciliation stories?

Love, Fiona

#2 awesomesauce

awesomesauce
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:i'm a avid science fiction fan. I love reading and writing. I plan to be a science fiction writer when I get into college. I adore animals. i love having fun. ;)

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:23 PM

heyyyyy i havn't head form you in forever, how are you. I sent you a message----but its' old now--

please message me

#3 fiona

fiona
  • Members
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:18 PM

I'm back from the worst of things but things are still bad.  Can't drive or stay awake due to the drugs.  Kind words of any type would be appreciated.

Fiona

#4 Hangingon

Hangingon

Resident nerd & geeky person

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:29 PM

((Fiona))

Keep hanging in there and talk about what's going on if you can

#5 awesomesauce

awesomesauce
  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:i'm a avid science fiction fan. I love reading and writing. I plan to be a science fiction writer when I get into college. I adore animals. i love having fun. ;)

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:01 PM

yeah keep hanging on and i hope you find the right kind of meds for you.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <--- hugs

#6 fiona

fiona
  • Members
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

I just wish when I come here there was some activity to read or be involved in.  It is really sleepy right now.....just like me.

I have to get a back to work slip by June 6 or I am out of a job so I am going to the doctor tomorrow.  A little hard when you can't drive, but things are coming along in their own way.

Got a bit of a med adjustment that helped quite a bit but not sure where next with that.  My primary doctor is going to have to step up and save the situation.

Regards.

Fiona

#7 Charlene

Charlene
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:38 PM

FIONA-

Am new here and after reading your posts do hope you are doing better now and able to make some headway with your problems- does your Dr realize you have to be able to go to work and the meds are not making it easy on you? maybe he can help that in some way- I wish you all the good in life anf hope you can see progress soon!

#8 fiona

fiona
  • Members
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

As an update -

Things have settled back into a sort of status quo.  It took several weeks to recover off of some of the psych meds given during my hospitalization and get back to the one drug that really has been helpful.  I had really wanted to get a new doctor closer to where I work but my attempt to get one was a bust.  For about the first 5 minutes he seemed friendly and accommodating but then he focused on a course of treatment and literally handed me journal articles to read to support this.  In checking back with my previous doctor, they said that what the new guy was proposing would likely result in kidney failure over the long term.....great - *sigh*.  So, I decided it would be stupid to get involved with the new psych doctor but I'm not loving the fact that I have to drive two hours to continue with the person I have been seeing since forever...and another two hours coming back....*ugh*.

Not that it's an earth shattering problem but I've also had trouble with my feet ever since this hospitalization.  Some combination of drugs they were giving me made my feet swell and hurt.  This has mostly gone away and the swelling was taken care of after a day or two on lasix - a diuretic.  But, I'm still left with this funny feeling of swelling or discomfort between my toes and the ball of the foot.  It doesn't stop me from getting around but it is just uncomfortable and something I did not have before this crazy hospitalization.  Should I be suing these guys for causing some sort of nerve damage?

I like what I'm doing at work, but I hate my boss and only tolerate the co-workers in my area.  I am trying to apply for other things, but my skills have gotten pretty specialized now and there aren't that many places to go.

Regards,

Fiona