• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Marvin42

Marvin42
  • Members
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Staying alive

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

In a triumph over age and arthritis, and with a little help from my friends, I dug 20 tons of soil to make a trench for foundations for a kitchen extension I am building for a regular customer.  Well, I drew the plans, and I do other stuff for her... I just forgot to mention that I've never dug foundations before.  On Friday the building inspector said 'super job' so I must have done something right, but I've now got a bloody great 4 foot deep hole to fill with concrete and blocks, if the snow and north-easterly wind allow.  Now I've got to improve my wall building skills, the last one was a bit wibbly wobbly.

On another topic,  I thought my van's performance was a bit down (like it's owner) so today I set out to time it 0 - 60.  I ran out of road before I hit 60, but it took a litle over a minute to make 50.  Does this seem a bit slow?  She's only 16 years old, should be in her prime.... I'm going to take the Sprinter badge off and get a sign that says Schnecke.

Love to all,

Marvin

#2 woundedhealer7

woundedhealer7
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Getting closer to God every day, my family, computers, and outdoor stuff.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

Hi Marvin, You might take your van to a mechanic you trust and ask him to check the exhaust back pressure. My Camry (94 model) had the same issue, and the catalytic converter was plugged up. My exhaust guy said it's very common with the ethanol blended fuels. I ordered a converter from converters.com in Texas, and saved a chunk of change. My exhaust guy installed it, and it will squeal the tires easily now-much more power. I hope that helps. Techie