Photo

Lithium question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Melissa

Melissa
  • Members
  • 866 posts
  • Interests:Softball, Poetry and quiet moments either in the woods or at the beach, They are both so beautiful.

Posted 13 December 2005 - 02:36 PM

I have been reading the past posts about Lithium and now I am starting to worry. My Pdoc added it to my anti-depressents about 3 wks ago. What is worrying me is that he never mentioned any kind of bloodwork or tests. This stuff could really be hurting me and I wouldn't know it. I have had a couple nights when I was sleeping and I would wake up sweating profusely, then 5 min later be freezing. I also feel more anxiety and nervouseness. Are these signs of having a toxic level? :?
I go to the therapist today and will discuss it with her. I don't go back to him(pdoc) til Friday. Please advise.

Thanks!

Melissa

#2 rubenoid

rubenoid
  • Members
  • 3,291 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 02:51 PM

I doubt it, but check with your doctor. Sounds more like signs of anxiety. What dosage are you taking?

#3 Melissa

Melissa
  • Members
  • 866 posts
  • Interests:Softball, Poetry and quiet moments either in the woods or at the beach, They are both so beautiful.

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:01 PM

I am taking 300mg twice a day of Lithium.
150mg of Effexor twice a day and 20 mg of Lexapro a day

#4 rubenoid

rubenoid
  • Members
  • 3,291 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:04 PM

That's a pretty low dosage. It could be your body simply adjusting to the medication.

However, the blood test is very important, and you should talk to your doctor about it as soon as possible.

#5 Melissa

Melissa
  • Members
  • 866 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:08 PM

:?: :?:

Thank you!!
I am leaving home in about half an hour. The Therapist and Pdoc share an office, so she may snatch him by his ear and find out for me. She knows I don't care for him very much.