• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:56 PM

I've just received word that verysadcat, aka Di Dinger has passed away,

http://kingmandailym...815&TM=47624.74

Attached File  45815a.jpg   24.1KB   4 downloads

Obituary: Dianna Lynn Dinger

Dianna Lynn Dinger, age 45, passed away on Tuesday, July 12, 2011, in Kingman, Ariz. Dianna was born Nov. 24, 1965, to Blaine and Mary (Blattner) Dinger in River Falls, Wis.

Dianna graduated from the Winslow High School in Winslow, Ariz., in 1983. She was involved in speech and drama, student council, member of the Honor Society and school photographer.

She graduated from Mohave Community College in Kingman, in July 2009 with certifications in phlebotomy, medical records assistance, and medical insurance. Dianna also graduated from Mohave Community College in Kingman in December 2010 with an associate degree as a medical assistant and was a member of Phi Theta Kappa. She was also an exchange student in Japan (sponsored by Mitsubishi Motor Company) while attending high school in Winslow.

Dianna had a love for animals, especially cats. She also enjoyed reading, movies, camping and horseback riding.

She was preceded in death by her mother, Mary Ann (Blattner) Swanty; grandparents, William and Janet Blattner; and uncle, Robert W. Blattner.

She is survived by father, Blaine (Carolyn) Dinger of Tulsa, Okla., and Texas; stepfather, Martin Swanty of Kingman; brother, Cody (Donnita) Swanty of Kingman; aunt, Judi (Rick) Dutton of Gilbert, Ariz.; uncle, Dick (Bobbi) Blattner of Osceola, Wis.; cousins, Robert (Kaycie) Olson, Ashley and Christopher Blattner, Cody Martin and Shelby Swanty, Anthony and Cameron Baker, Reanna Daily of Kingman, McKennah, Audrey and Carter Olson; stepbrother, Jeffrey (Ruth) Swanty of Loveland, Colo.; stepsisters, Debbie (Brian) Swanty Harris of Kingman, Meri (Danny) Swanty Verduzco of Sierra Vista, Ariz., Marti Swanty of Payson, Ariz., Melody (Robert) Swanty Seagle of Sun City, Ariz., Mickie (Gary) Swanty Noyes of Sierra Vista; and uncle, Norman (Beverly) Swanty of Paulden, Ariz.

Dianna is at peace now and will be greatly missed by family and friends.

A graveside committal will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Sept. 16, at the Balsam Lake Cemetery, Balsam Lake, Wis.

Memorial services are pending for Dianna in Kingman.

Memorial service information:

Saturday, August 13, 2011 at the
Canyon Community Church
3270 N Harvard Street
Kingman, AZ
Time: 10:00 am with fellowship and luncheon following the service
Pastor Chris from the Chloride Baptist Church will be there.

#2 forestfairy

forestfairy
  • Members
  • 1,784 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:40 PM

:( :(

Di- you will be missed X

#3 Sunshineinmyface

Sunshineinmyface

Wiki Queen

• Members
  • 10,092 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:44 PM

very sad news.....I light a candle for you Di.....

#4 Hangingon

Hangingon

Resident nerd & geeky person

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:41 PM

((((Di))))

I wish I had the words to tell you how much you were loved here and how much your presence will be missed. We watched you through happiness, sadness and some deep dark depressive episodes to swing back up into mania again and again. I can't imagine the emotional pain you were in many times, but I know I loved seeing you around here.

I'm still in shock over this.

Love you Di :c: :?:

#5 listener

listener
  • Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:17 AM

Oh Di... ((((((((((((((((((( Di )))))))))))))))))))))

I didn't know her well but I did write back and forth with her on a couple of her threads over the years. Dear Di, I hope you are at peace now, that your soul is released from its suffering.

with love and loving prayers,

Listener

#6 bee

bee

Resident mini forum geek in training

• Administrators
  • 13,511 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:29 AM

(((( Di ))))

The board was never the same when you were absent from it, it's such a shock to hear that you are no longer with us. I truly hope you have found the peace that you so desperately wanted and needed so badly.
You will always be remembered and forever missed.

:c:

bee

#7 FuzzyFuture

FuzzyFuture
  • Members
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:06 AM

Di, rest in the peace that you could not find in life. I wish it hadn't come at such a high price.

#8 Timbyr

Timbyr
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:34 AM

Dear Di. I wish you peace. I wish you endless summer days of warmth and finding yourself wrapped in the furry love you cherished so dearly. I wish your heart to be filled with as much love as it had been filled with sorrow. I wish your mind to know a calm you sought so desperately. I wish you to rest in the knowledge that you were loved and that you left a mark in our hearts.

Thank you for all you shared with us and gave us. You were a gift and you will be missed.

<3

#9 Katee

Katee
  • Members
  • 1,872 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

Dear Di,

It seems so unreal that the world is turning today without you here. We will all miss your quick humor, your compassion, your loving heart. I do wish you peace and rest, dear one. You fought a war that few people can really imagine, and you fought valiantly and with more courage than most people ever have to summon up.

Sending the balloon animals to keep you company on your journey.

love ya,

Katee

#10 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

Dear Friends,

I am still bouncing from the shock of Diannas passing, it dont seem real to me, she was so young and greatly loved by our whole cyber family.

In a tough old world BTB has always been an island of comfort and caring to me, I dont know what to say except LOVE knows not its own depth until the moment of parting.

love you one and all

Ed the chow hound

Edited by Ed the chow hound, 24 July 2011 - 06:20 PM.

#11 zuziqu

zuziqu
  • Members
  • 842 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:56 PM

(((((verysadcat))))) I haven't been around of late, but this is a shocker! I will miss you, sweetie, more than you will ever know.

Hugs to all

Sue

#12 Hangingon

Hangingon

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:31 PM

I am saddened to confirm that Di's death was a suicide.

Please guys, if you are suffering and feel alone, reach out and talk to someone IRL or here or wherever you can. Hold on for one more day, and another after that. Keep screaming for help until someone listens and helps you.

Di, sweetie, rest peacefully in the arms of your mother where you've longed to be since her death in 2004.

Attached File  20241_101804586515405_100000575936560_48229_7784948_n.jpg   31.04KB   13 downloads

#13 Armygirl

Armygirl
  • Members
  • 1,236 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:48 PM

Damn, I'm still in shock...

May you finally be at peace, and your days finally be filled with hope and comfort...miss ya...

love,

ang

#14 NJCat

NJCat
  • Members
  • 3,120 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:20 AM

All - I'm so in shock too. Tears stream down my think when i come back to my laptop and am reminded of the news.

We ARE family. I loved when Di posted news of her cats and other animal-loving happy stories, and her news of her furthering her education (she worked very hard at this in the past year or two!), and when she responded to others with such compassion when suffered so herself. Such a beautiful smart woman.

I'm with Sheila, no matter what's going on, when anyone commits suicide, it DOES affect others. Look at this thread! Katee you said it so well, i can't believe the world is spinning without her.

I do have a story to share, it's silly, but ... when everyone was first setting up their blogs here on BtB, I chose a name for mine that she was jealous of! LOL ... I think it's "The Daily Meow" ..... haha... but then she found a cat like name for her blog too.

I felt a bond with her at certain times. Not just the cat thing, but .... an identification, I suppose, the way we can all talk to eachother here.

Since Facebook came out there seems to be less posting here. In light of this news, I am going to come back and post more often.

I've met many of you at various times, and I feel just as close to many of those that I haven't met. I met one person (she'll know who she is I think) for about 1 minute because we missed each-other while trying to get some people to meet up together (years ago). She and I have a nice special bond, and now, I'll have to go reach out to her, it's been too long.

Hugs to all,
Carol

#15 jillie

jillie

Sunbeam

• Root Admin
  • 14,074 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:This is it!

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:13 AM

I am in England atm on a family visit with only very limited dial-up access, so haven't been able to access BtB for a few days. Sheila texted me to tell me about Di's passing, which came as a great shock.

Di, you fought many long and hard battles with this illness and also with your physical health. At BtB you were known and loved for your wit, your passion, your commitment to your animals, your strong beliefs. I hope you find the peace and lasting happiness that so eluded you in life. I shall miss you, Di.

I was in St Paul's Cathedral in London yesterday and found a quiet corner to think of her and light a candle to help guide her on her way.

Jillie

#16 Hangingon

Hangingon

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:03 AM

This came to me this morning on my way into work. I was thinking of you Di and thinking "I wish..." and then there it was, this song again. Di, I sent this one out to you years ago, I still wish this for you, wherever you are....

My Wish
Rascal Flatts

I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow
And each road leads you where you want to go
And if you're faced with the choice and you have to choose
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you

And if one door opens to another door closed
I hope you keep on walkin' til you find the window
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile
But more than anything, more than anything

My wish for you
Is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold

And while you're out there gettin' where you're gettin' to
I hope you know somebody loves you
And wants the same things too
Yeah, this is my wish

I hope you never look back but you never forget
All the ones who love you and the place you left
I hope you always forgive and you never regret
And you help somebody every chance you get

Oh, you'd find God's grace in every mistake
And always give more than you take
But more than anything, yeah more than anything

My wish for you

Yeah, this is my wish, yeah yeah

My wish for you

Yeah, this is my wish
(My wish for you)

This is my wish
(My wish for you)
(My wish for you)
May all your dreams stay big
(My wish for you)

#17 MinMu

MinMu
  • Members
  • 317 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

#18 Samantha

Samantha
  • Members
  • 5,132 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:18 AM

I was thinking of you last week, thinking I need to catch up. I can't get you off of my mind. I'm sure there will never be another you.

I am sad but the tears won't come. I don't believe you are really gone. You will always
live in my heart and always greatfull for all of the love and support you always gave me.

I sign in and I see your name "tired just damned tired" I hope you are at last at peace
now.

You will be dearly missed and never forgotten.

Love,

Sam :c:

#19 mklven

mklven
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:51 AM

God bless her soul.

#20 Antea

Antea
  • Members
  • 1,601 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Living in a fantasy world of my own creation. Books, books and more books. Cat whisperer.

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:06 AM

I'm still feeling rather stunned by the news. I lost my mom when I was 15 and never fully recovered so I think I know a little bit about how Di was feeling.

Di, you will be missed.

Antea