up and down

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kirsty777

kirsty777
  • Members
  • 826 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Listening to music, pottering about when can be bothered ;) reading, spending time with friends, BtB and facebk! Comedies, good food and cuddles

Posted 14 June 2008 - 03:18 PM

I'm currently on prozac, its the only anti-depressant ive ever tried, some days I feel really on top of the world, very chatty and bursting with energy but then i can't sleep, other days i feel so low, want to stay in bed and have no energy, I'm not sure what to do, if i should try other meds but then i'm scared incase the new one's don't work at all, I thought meds were meant to make you 'stable', i'm up and down like a yo-yo, any advice would be very much appreciated.

#2 windcuffer

windcuffer
  • Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:05 AM

((((Kirsty))))

I'm on Prozac and Imipromine. After I'd been on them for a while I'd get heavy mood swings, just like you describe. Some days I would feel good and other's I'd feel lower than ever. The fact that I was having good days made the bad days seem worse. The ratio was around 1 good day to 2 bad days. So I questioned my psychiatrist on this and he explained that this is pretty much what he would expect when you begin recovery! So the good news is that you may be starting to really pick up. The other good news is that the ratio of good days to bad days has improved. I have found myself able to do things that would have previously been impossible.

I hope you find that you are improving.

Very best wishes

T

#3 kirsty777

kirsty777
  • Members
  • 826 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Listening to music, pottering about when can be bothered ;) reading, spending time with friends, BtB and facebk! Comedies, good food and cuddles

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:46 AM

Aw thanks T, that gives me hope and peace of mind :?: hope all is well with you

#4 windcuffer

windcuffer
  • Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:12 AM

Glad it was helpful - I hope the good times get longer and longer.

T