• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Armygirl

Armygirl
  • Members
  • 1,236 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:22 AM

I feel like I'm finally starting to turn pages to a better life, the meds are kicking in good. The first week, I had some side effects, but as time goes on they are deminishing, and the remaining side effects are bearable..things like mixed up speech..this morning before I got off work I was telling my buddy nurse I could't wait to get home to take my feet off, when it should have been take my shoes off..little things like that...the drooling remains a big side effect, but it's probably not noticeable I assume if I keep my mouth shut and swallow a bit...

Amazing difference, in now I have a sense of smell, that came back about a week ago(which reminds me something is foul smelling in the fridge and I need to find it and clean it out), and my vision is really sensitive still...it's hard to explain...it's been few years since I've been on meds, and I don't know to be honest it's kinda scary, then all of the sudden there's this new strange world right in front of you, and when you experiece things like sight and smell, and you get to thinking, how did I live all these years and take these things for granted, because now all of the sudden they seem so pleasant..and if not pleasant, at least you notice them when before you would have been oblivious to them...

I feel like I'm on steadier grounds if that makes sense...getting proper sleep, not worrying so much, and the anxiety and depression are easing up a bit, here and there...not perfect but the little bits of peace amount to alot...and I'm trying harder to do things like rest when I realize I'm tired, and keep to a schedule where I rest, and do things, and when I feel overwhelmed, just take a break, instead of trying to please everyone and take on the world...

It's a wierd feeling to say the least...kind of a bit unsettling...because part of me is wondering how long this will last...it's nice to walk outside and smell the rain and see spring...my sense of taste hasn't come back yet, but I'm hopeful...

I started a new job this week, and it seems like it will be a good fit for me...but it's still stressfull, I spent the last two days in training. I'm off tonight, and then tommorrow night I fly solo..so we'll see...

so, I guess little steps here and there..better than it has been the past few years, it's just strange and unfamiliar territory...

I feel leary, I've gone through several doctors appointments this past month and have several more to go before the month is over with, and a new job, and a move coming up, and I just feel just stretched pretty thin, but am remaining optomistic for once..so..

ang

#2 Hangingon

Hangingon

Resident nerd & geeky person

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:22 AM

((((Ang))))

Glad to hear things are improving for you!!! Hope the new job is working out for ya too.

You know how to find me to vent, keep in touch!!!!

Love ya!

Sheila

#3 kewy13

kewy13
  • Members
  • 3,119 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:used to be hiking, packing, skiing, anything outdoors. am woking back toward that as i get healthier.

i attend buddhist meditation at a temple nearby.

yoga, bicycling, kayaking, camping, exfoliating, making jewelry, being outdoors.

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

wish i could blame my muddled speech on a med....all off them now and am a big ole klutz and i still muddle for words....

i am so glad to hear it a.g. i am glad you can enjoy the improvement, even if it has its flaws. that can feel so wonderful! am right there with you, in the being able to enjoy moments of feeling 'normal'

i hope it continues for you!

a little gauze (where you might place a chew) could help the drooling. you may look like marlan brando tho.....and it may not help the speech. hmmmm. workin on a better idea.

love love

#4 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:57 PM

Hi Kewy,

Welcome home gal, I have missed you over the last months, what has been happening to you?

love ya

Ed the chow hound

Edited by Ed the chow hound, 09 June 2011 - 03:57 PM.