• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 shades_of_grey

shades_of_grey
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:dance, art ,poetry n philosophy

Posted 17 July 2003 - 09:37 PM

:oops: ........urm this is hey I guess-2 anybody who reads this.....I wud have posted sumit bout who I am,wot i'm doing in ur forum.... in the introduction section, but it says it's locked so I dunno I guess i'll get round to it if it gets re-opened. duno wot I can n can't say round here,I dunt want 2 trigger ppl or say things that r more than strangers want 2 hear :? I'm feeling pretty bad rite now,I suffer frm ocd aswell as depression (I occasionaly also self harm) n thats pretty bad rite now, I guess i'm here for company,sum ppl it's ok to say 'real' stuff 2. I'm just feeling like my life isn't something that counts anymore...so I spose thats y i'm here, n hi 2 all of u who I guess cud b feeling the same rite now-I wish that I didn't feel so alone but I guess everythings 4 a reason. may-b hear bck frm sum ppl n if not ty 4 reading this anyhow, if I were u i'm not sure i'd wana meet me either. luv shades_of_grey :cry:

#2 LostChild

LostChild
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 09:55 PM

****hugs*****
welcome. Im glad you found this place, there are some really wonderful people here and so much support to be had......
I know the feeling of thinking your life doesnt count, but it does, you are a very special person, and tho things seem bad, they can get better somehow.
i also self harm, so if you ever need someone to talk to, Im around
***hugs*** again, and please take care of yourself

~Lost~

#3 Hangingon

Hangingon

Resident nerd & geeky person

• Root Admin
  • 21,583 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2003 - 09:58 PM

Hi shades of grey,

Welcome to BTB. You caught us mid move I'm afraid......... But welcome just the same!!!!!!!!! Forum is just in the process of being set up, and all folders shall be unlocked soon.

And hey, you can discuss anything here, just need to add a trigger warning is all just in case if it might be triggery to some.

Hoping to get to know you better here!

Love and hugs

Sheila

#4 lilly-rose

lilly-rose
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 10:16 PM

Hello :) nice to meet you.

I hope that here you will feel less alone,there are lots of people willing to listen and offer advise here.

Love,Lilly

#5 this is me

this is me
  • Members
  • 2,675 posts
  • Interests:book and more books

Posted 17 July 2003 - 10:44 PM

You ae not alone. I hope you find this place healing and safe.

#6 rockluck

rockluck
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 July 2003 - 10:48 PM

I'm glad you found this site. They are just now moving from an old web address but there still a plenty of people hear to listen. Everyone here is very supportive and the forums are usually very active with quick responses. I'm new two but feel very comfortable here. I glad that you posted here and I look forward to hearing from you again. I understand how you feel and hope that coming here will help you to feel better like it does for me. Keep your chin up and just take things one day at a time.
take care

#7 Tallulah

Tallulah
  • Members
  • 2,986 posts
  • Interests:Sleeping

Posted 17 July 2003 - 11:00 PM

Hi Shades of Grey, and welcome to Beating the Beast.

I hope we can offer you the friendship and support you need. Depression can be a very lonely illness, but there are lots of nice people here who I like very much.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Laura

#8 Jellycat

Jellycat
  • Members
  • 1,232 posts
  • Interests:tuna pizza<br />walks<br />music

Posted 17 July 2003 - 11:03 PM

Hi shadesofgrey

Welcome to our new home,there lots of people to talk to and soon there will be far more moving over from the old board. I have been a member for a while. You like me will find that there are many caring people here who really care about you and want to help you cope with this illness. It helps so very much to talk to someone about it and it really helps.

hugs
jellyxx

• Guests

Posted 18 July 2003 - 12:16 AM

Hi Shades of Grey,

It is very nice to meet you. There are a lot of wonderful, caring, supportive people here. I know you feel alone right now, well all do at times. Coming here helps take away some of that lonliness. Hope I get a chance to know you better.

Love Crowy

#10 PinkFlamingo

PinkFlamingo
  • Inactive
  • 262 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2003 - 04:17 AM

Nice to meet you, shades of grey. Please stick around and you'll find how caring and sweet the people here are.

#11 ali_man

ali_man
  • Inactive
  • 315 posts
  • Interests:Loads of Stuff

Posted 18 July 2003 - 09:04 AM

hi ((((((((((shades_of_grey))))))))))

welcome! This board is amazing for helping all of us. You remind me of myself a few months ago when I joined the BtB board. Just having the support and friendship of the people here has been amazing.

Feel free to PM or Email me anytime mate!

Alan

#12 emma-g

emma-g
  • Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 18 July 2003 - 09:44 AM

(((((shades of grey)))))

the great thinga bout BtB is that we all know exactly what you're going through. the situations are different, the circumstances change from one person to the next, but we've all been there- we've all seen what it does and just how much that bloody beast can grab hold when it wants to.
We're always here for chats and company, and the great hing is, we're all on different time zones so matter what itme day or night you'll usually find someone around!!

I hope we can help and talk away to your hearts content.

hugs,
Em xx

#13 nell

nell
  • Members
  • 4,074 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2003 - 10:56 AM

Hello Shades_of_Grey *hugs and waves*
Welcome to BtB. Well, I think you can see now how much people care at this site - it truly is a great place to come and share our feelings and troubles, knowing nobody will judge you and everyone will know exactly what you are going through.
I hope you find it as warm and welcoming as I have - I'm pretty sure you will.
with love and hugs from Nell xxxxxxxxxxx

#14 shades_of_grey

shades_of_grey
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:dance, art ,poetry n philosophy

Posted 18 July 2003 - 12:28 PM

:shock: ty so much 2 all of u who replied............I neva 4 a second thought I'd get that many responses.........wasn't sure if any1 wud even read wot I wrote... I really appreciate it, so really ty((hugs)) hope I get 2 kno sum of u a bit better in future...... u all seem like a gr8 bunch of ppl. feel a bit better jus knowing i'm not entirely on my own.....I'm just not sure how much more of myself I can take...but I spose time wil tell.tc 2 all of u, I hope ur all ok as can b. love shades_of_grey (aka suz) xxx :shock: [/img]

#15 amber_bamber

amber_bamber

Undie matching police

• Members
  • 2,317 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:facebook....hamsters...degus...cats.

Posted 18 July 2003 - 12:42 PM

hi Suz...and welcome...I know I'm a bit late with this but as everyone has said...we are a lovely friendly community and whatever you post is ok as long as it is in the relevant folder and trigger warned if theres a chance it may trigger someone.

also...there are so many of us here that at some point there will generally be someone who can empathize with what you are going through/have been through...

once the folders are all open again people will repost their intros and you will get to know us all better...and in time you will hopefully feel 'at home' here and less alone.

amber

#16 pita

pita

Resident Pit bull

• Board Moderator
  • 5,450 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2003 - 02:01 PM

Shades of grey-

You sound oh so sad at the moment.

I hope things start back on the upswing.

Welcome