September/october ____lows____

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Deej

Deej
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:58 PM

This has been the worst month for me, and without any significant outside relationship or work stress. I've heard lots of doctors say that allergies (which I have quite badly) exacerbate depression. Jeesh, it's like I've been hit by a dump truck, then the load of bricks tumbles onto me.

And I hate taking sinus/allergy medicine on top of all my other head meds.

Anyone feeling my pain here? Any bright ideas?

#2 sunny

sunny
  • Members
  • 686 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:gardening animals

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:06 AM

:?
soory deej..lucky for me allergies is one thing i don't have to deal with now.i do have a problem with the autumn thing...summer coming to a close is always a difficult thing for me. hope you can find some relief!

#3 crick

crick
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:00 AM

(((((Deej))))

I have lots of allergies, but never noticed any correlation between that and depression...although being sick dampens the spirits in general. I, like Sunny, slipped into depression every Fall when I lived in VA., which continued and worsened till Spring. Mine was due to lack of sunlight, and the general feeling Fall brings in relationship to life. You might try (and the name escapes me;someone help!) an lamp that mimics the sun.
Not really sure if a tanning salon is the same or not. I can only tell you that when I moved to FL., my seasonal depression ended, and now I live in the Andes, and when I lay in the sun enough, it helps ease my depression. Hope I helped a little :?
Love,
Linda

#4 black star

black star
  • Members
  • 172 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:51 AM

:w: Hi, Deej.

I'm sorry to hear that your allergies are making things worse for you right now.

This fall I've had quite an allergy attack and I'm pretty sure it was due to all the golden rod growing everywhere. My nose was running almost non-stop and I had sneezing fits and watery eyes to boot. Of course, there were times when my nose and sinuses felt totally clogged and my head ached because of it.

::knock wood:: I haven't had any symptoms for the last few days, but I was sooo miserable that I had to use something to try to alleviate it. I used nasal spray sparingly (only when absolutely needed) since it can be easy to become dependant on the stuff. It worked fast and helped me to get better sleep at night. I'm weird in that I'm not a mouth-breather and when my nose is stuffed up I'm extremely self-concious and uncomfortable.

I'm not sure if there are any non-medication type remedies out there that actually work, but I found if I drink lots of water that tends help with the nose problems - sinuses, dripping, etc. Hot tea with honey might work too. :smile: There is a bright side though.... now that it's getting colder out, the freezing temperatures will kill off all those awful weeds and other pollen producers.

I hope you feel better soon. :bighug:

Edited by black star, 11 October 2006 - 12:51 AM.