Are you politically incorrect?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:07 AM

Blue,

I think political correctness is the new fascism, some people want to tell us what to think, what to feel, what to do and what to say in short they want total domination of society and of course it is always for your good.

hugs

Ed the chow hound

Blue,

I think political correctness is the new fascism, some people want to tell us what to think, what to feel, what to do and what to say in short they want total domination of society and of course it is always for your good.

hugs

Ed the chow hound

#22 Heimdallr

Heimdallr
  • Members
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

We all are politically incorrect, political views are built by our own experiences creating what we think is right, each off us can read the sane book and have our own options if belief. I have much different views then most on here, but I for one will not say I'm politically correct or incorrect.

The problems that create this is people get so stuck in there way of the right way.

The moment you think your correct your wrong, each to there own each version has there benefits

Plus the western education and media can really destroy western views of politics

It's not how we fall which defines us but how we rise after falling

#23 Bigfoot

Bigfoot
  • Members
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Web design and development

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

People are afraid to say what is on their minds these days for fear of the "PC patrol" coming down on them. People need to stand up and express their beliefs. Don't let a select few decide what the rest should say or not say. As near as I can tell, most people are able to decide what is right or wrong and shouldn't need people stopping them.

#24 drgnfly

drgnfly
  • Members
  • 901 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:Art, Books, Sleeping

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

I agree that some of the words or ideas that we are expected to use make me laugh. But there are some words that do make me ill. I have an elderly customer at the bank I work at that has used the 'N' word several times. Even being from the south where predjudices seem to be the norm, that word is beyond disrespectful and I can't stand to hear it. The confederate flag doesn't in the slightest faze me and I think everyone has the right to their opinions but I think that people use that word to get a rise out of others. He started in one day on stereotypes about black people and I just cut him off politely (is there anyway to interupt someone politely?) and told him I didn't have the same opinions and didn't feel comfortable discussing it. Kind of pissed him off but I don't care.

I do cuss in pretty much every sentence when around friends. You can find a way to use the F word in almost every sentence if you are creative. Sometimes connecting it with other words makes it even more fitting. My favorite one right now is fucktastic. I do sensor when around my boys though. :zip: Ciustomers would be shocked at how their professional bankers talk and what conversations go on when they aren't here!

Yep, still get the Mr Ed song in my head when I come back to this thread!

#25 Bigfoot

Bigfoot
  • Members
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:51 AM

drgnfly,
I agree with you whole heartedly about the use of words that are hurtful and demeaning. My idea of being politically incorrect is standing up to a select few that feel I don't have the right to openly express my religious beliefs and that my political viewpoints better be the same as theirs.
There had been a law forbidding religious funerals in national cemetaries. So whenever anybody from our armed forces died, there could be no mention of god, buddah, allah, or any others in the cemetary. Thankfully that didn't last long!!

#26 Ed the chow hound

Ed the chow hound
  • Members
  • 6,338 posts
  • Flag:
  • Interests:depression support, food, friends, dogs, astrology, physics, cosmology, history,

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

Hi all,

I think political correctness is in conflict with free speach at times and it worries me.

In free democracy decency and respect for others should be enough to protect the ordinary citizen. Defamation and libel are resorts for serious bad mouthing. I dont personally mind if some one calls me am ass hole, I can live with that so long as I have the right to call him a fuck wit in return.

hugs

Ed the chow hound

Edited by Ed the chow hound, 08 July 2012 - 08:52 AM.

#27 pea

pea
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

Hi,

Call me crazy :blink:.....but please, get up for the old woman on the bus!

Pea

#28 Bigfoot

Bigfoot
  • Members
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

Pea,

Manners are another thing that is severely lacking these days. There were many things pounded into my head as a kid and it has stuck with me to this day. Hold the door for someone, take off your hat when indoors, if a car is broke down stop to see if they need help, if somebody looks like they could use a hand with something help them. A little kindness goes a long way!

#29 InTotalDarkness

InTotalDarkness
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:47 AM

Edited by InTotalDarkness, 10 March 2015 - 06:57 AM.

#30 Bigfoot

Bigfoot
  • Members
  • 48 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:11 AM

Hi All,

It has been a real long time since I have been on here and glad to see this has been a hot topic. I'm glad to see political correctness has been taking quite a beating this year. I don't really care for Donald Trump but he sure is shaking things up. He is forcing the politicians to talk about things that they normally wouldn't dare touch. I think this is going to make a lot of other politicians worry about their jobs! I know I don't plan on voting for any incumbents.